The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create an account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by don_playboy, Aug 23, 2006.

1. don_playboy

don_playboy Registered

Helo all,

Well i am new to this cpanel and whm thing.Ok but here smy problem.My domains and server are from godaddy.com.Ok now i have this domain name which is don-playboy.com,and on the godaddy website control panel i can create the name servers for that domain using 2 ip's to create the name servers.ok so i do that and i assign them to it.I log out and log back into the godaddy domain control panel and the nameservers are set,now i check the dns on that domain and they are set to the nameservers i created which are ns1.don-playboy.com and ns2.Ok now i go into whm i create an account with that domain,and everything goes ok.I wait a few hours and yet nothing,i cant acces the cpanel or the webistes i create the account under the whm.Foe example i created an account for don-playboy.com.and i get the log in information.First i try tp log in to ftp with the username and password i provided when creating the account and its not letting me,it says server not respoonding like if the url its incorrect or not valid.Thats to eevery account i create..What can be the problem?

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I suggest you read the cPanel/WHM documentation for information on how to add/remove and manage different aspects of your control panels. Go to: http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/index.htm

3. don_playboy

don_playboy Registered

That didnt help,still having the same problem

4. Edizon

Edizon Well-Known Member

I can take DNS up to 24 hours to fully propegate. Godaddy typically takes 8- 12 if you are in the US. You must use a FQDN in order to access by domain name. Give it some more time to propegate, you stated it has been a couple hours (it may take longer).

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might want to read this as well. I would imagine playboy.com isn't yours is it?

6. don_playboy

don_playboy Registered

Its already been 2 days,and still nothing..And for you infopro ig you would know how to read,then probably you wouldnt be posting that....

with the purpose of having a "bad faith intent to profit from that mark."

7. alldirectory

alldirectory Registered

im having the same problem. i set up the account in WHM, went to GoDaddy, changed my DNS settings, its been 48 hours and nothing.

8. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

dnsstuff.com provides some very useful tools if you know how to use them.

WHat is the domain that's not working?