Create an AutoSSL Certificate for just the domains not covered by the Standard SSL I just bought

RGFuelCells

Oct 18, 2021
College Station
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, recently I upgraded the SSL certificate on one of my domains (let's call it hello.com) to a Standard SSL. However, this domain only covers hello.com and www.hello.com

Basically these domains are not covered by the Standard SSL and there may be more:

• cpanel.
  • cpcalendars.
  • cpcontactacts.
  • mail.
  • webdisk.
  • webmail.
Is there a way that I can install AutoSSL on just these subdomains? Or is there a better practice for my issue at hand. I have been getting the emails that cPanel sends out whenever the SSL Certificate expires: "
⚠
hello.com: AutoSSL certificate expiry on 11/5/21 UTC"

Should I renew that SSL instead? It's past the expiry date.

RGFuelCells

Oct 18, 2021
College Station
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Go to cPanel -> Security -> SSL/TLS Status where you can exclude hello.com and www.hello.com
I did a little bit of digging around to see if what you are saying is possible but I found this thread where the OP is saying it's not longer possible to have a dedicated SSL certificate (mine is from GoDaddy if it matters) and an AutoSSL on the subdomains I listed on my original post. See the thread here: [CPANEL-22039] AutoSSL doesn't cover Service Subdomains when parent domain uses third-party cert

So would anyone know if there's a workaround to this?

RGFuelCells

Oct 18, 2021
College Station
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Go to cPanel -> Security -> SSL/TLS Status where you can exclude hello.com and www.hello.com
I did a little bit of digging around to see if what you are saying is possible but I found this thread where the OP is saying it's not longer possible to have a dedicated
Hello! Is there a particular reason you changed from AutoSSL to a standard non-san non-wildcard SSL? I am not aware of a solution outside of either just using AutoSSL, or using a certificate that inherently covers these subdomains.
Yes, I bought a GoDaddy Standard SSL certificate for www.hello.com but with it I was not able to add the wildcard domains on it. So it's a money issue. I want to use an AutoSSL on those subdomains (every subdomain that is not hello.com and www.hello.com).