The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

create custom packages on the fly

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Jayreis, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jayreis

Jayreis Member

Hello,

First I hope this is in the correct category. I was not sure where I should post this question.

So I have a server I want to test out a new functionality on although not sure if its possible with cpanel.

Basically I want to allow customers to select amount of HDD space, and B/W and then after making payment to have a backend script that then creates their shared web hosting plan. I know how to setup accounts using the scripts/wwwacct script for predefined hosting packages that I had setup in my whm. But is it possible to setup accounts that are not apart of a predefined package in whm??

thanks for any direction you can offer.

2. david.cloudzu

david.cloudzu Registered

Yes, it is possible. Check out the documentation for the createacct API function. You'll see the following parameter:

savepkg (boolean) — Save the settings used as a new package.

Cheers,
    David.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Here is a direct link to the aforementioned documentation: Create an Account — createacct

For additional reference I recommend reviewing the following documentation from our Developer Resources (sdk.cpanel.net):