SOLVED Create database using PHP API

jason213

Registered
Dec 1, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,
in older versions of cpanel im able to creat database by using the cpanel login using a php script, now in new versions i see that is not possible.
I see that you have the uapi that have that option but i can´t find any working example,
can you help me here can i find the working examples to creat a database using the uapi?
Thanks,
Bruno

jason213

Registered
Dec 1, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,
thank for you reply.
for other persons that are looking for the same solution, i have found the code below that work for me.
I don´t understand why cpanel is too much complicated to request a simple database, i hope in the future
cpanel don´t change code again, because the suport from their side simple don´t exist and cpanel is not a cheap solution.
We developers don´t have time to deal with changes like this without decent suport,
this is my opinion, i use others panel solutions for years and i don´t have this problem in other solutions next time i have a problem i will think about to change control painel provider.

Thanks,
Bruno
Code:
    $server_login_link = 'url';
    $whmusername = 'user';
    $hash = 'token';
    $query = "https://hostname.example.com:2087/cpsess###########/json-api/cpanel?cpanel_jsonapi_user=user&cpanel_jsonapi_apiversion=2&cpanel_jsonapi_module=MysqlFE&cpanel_jsonapi_func=createdb&db=example_database";

$curl = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,0);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,0);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

$header[0] = "Authorization: WHM $whmusername:" . preg_replace("'(\r|\n)'","",$hash);
    curl_setopt($curl,CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER,$header);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $query);

$result = curl_exec($curl);
    print_r(json_decode($result));

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cPanelMichael