The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create email account

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by zotti, Sep 28, 2010.

1. zotti

zotti Member

Is there a way to create e-mail account without accessing Cpanel area?

2. martin675

martin675 Registered

create email account yourself

Some users wants to shared their multidomain capability of their hosting account with their friends but limit by the “single” login to the Cpanel. Meaning, if the owner doesn’t wants to share the cpanel login to other user/admin. He or she will not able to create email account by themselves.

I have found a solution from web, a PHP script that will automate the email account creation without login into CPanel.

The script should work on most CPanel control panel with some modification to theme. I have tested it on Hostmonster and it works perfectly.

Download the script here, AtomicEmailHM.zip

3. b1ackjosh

b1ackjosh Registered

Hey, It seems like we may be having the same issue. I'm also trying to find a way to create email addresses without accessing cPanel.
    (I apologize if I'm hijacking your thread and I'll start my own if I've offended you, just say the word. )
    More specifically I would like to find a way to create them via SSH.
    I.E. Occasionally I get clients who want to import email accounts an their messages from one cPanel server to another. Usually this isn't possible without using a CPmove file and the restorepkg script. Is there a way to do that only using ssh?

4. zotti

zotti Member

Well actually my problem is that my clients don't want to learn anything about Cpanel and they just want to create email accounts, nothing else, somebody is doing for them websites so they don't bother with any of that.

If they could create emails without Cpanel that would be great.

5. animesh225

animesh225 Registered

I think this feature is not in Cpanel to create email without using cpanel... You will have to login into cpanel to create account.

6. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Api

Our API offers the ability to call functions as you describe without logging into cPanel. I recommend reviewing this area of our documentation:

Developer Resources

I am moving this thread to our Developer Discussions area, as it is more appropriate to the subject matter.

7. zotti

zotti Member

I thought there was already build such solutions, but its good to know that it is for sure possible.

8. bmett

bmett Well-Known Member

It is definitely possible to create email accounts etc via the API without having the user to access cPanel. Our customer e.g. can do exactly that via our custom written CMS.

The guys from cPanel have done a great job with the following XML API PHP class. Easy to use and many examples. Shouldn't be a big deal to get it integrated into your code. If you have any problems, just post in this forum. Many user around here that are willing to help.

XML API PHP class

Cheers,
    Bjorn