The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

create email accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lime, Nov 3, 2009.

1. lime

lime Registered

hello

I have only recently started using cpanel and I'm having a nightmare to create an email account. Can someone help me please?

I was advised to log into my cpanel and simply click add email account to enjoy my new email. It sounds very easy however when I go to cpanel there is no button or link like that what so ever. On my home page I dont have any sections/links to email.

How do I do it then?

Paul

2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

To create the email account you will have to login to your cPanel account --> Click on Mail icon --> Click on Add/Remove/Manage account-->Enter the New email address name and password and click on create button.

Once you create the email account you will have to use http://domainname.tld:2095 to access the mail interface.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    When logged-into cPanel, there should be a section labeled "Mail" and within this section there should be an icon or link labeled "Email Accounts." If neither exists I would check with your hosting service provider to ask if they might be restricting access to the Mail features within cPanel.

Here is our documentation detailing how to use the features once they are located or accessed:
    CpanelMail < AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs < TWiki
    EmailAccounts < AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs < TWiki

For additional reference, I recommend trying the live demo labeled "Domain Owner Panel" at the following web site:
    Demo - cPanel Inc.

4. polestar

polestar Registered

Sorry for bringing this up and being a little stupid. I am administrator of our server and the user doesnt have this icon in their account. I have selected Local Mail Exchanger but still no use. Any suggestions??

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello polestar,

Can you provide a screen print of the cPanel interface for the user? It should have an Email Accounts area (the icon has Email Accounts in text below it). You can get to that interface directly by using this link type (replace with your machine's name):

https://domain.com:2083/frontend/x3/mail/pops.html

If you are not seeing the Email Accounts option, then you might not have enabled it in WHM > Packages > Feature Manager > Edit a Feature List area.

Thanks.

6. polestar

polestar Registered

Thanks buddy!!
    That's what the problem was.