The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

create emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tatoo, Mar 22, 2012.

1. tatoo

tatoo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    We ordered a server with Exim, and created account admin@xxxxxx.com with cpanel that we could send and recieve via them using squirrelmail,after that we have rebuilted it with Postfix, but this time we can send but we are not able to receive anything.

we try for example to send from my account of Hotmail via admin@xxxx.com we don t receive any.

Please may I find some support about

Thanks in advance,

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    At this point in time, postfix is not a supported MTA for emails with cPanel. While you can setup postfix on the machine, the delivery will not automatically route to the typical /home/username/mail/domain.com/emailuser locations for maildir with it. You'd have to create either a MySQL database to map each mailbox or a flat file with the mapping for the locations. Both configurations would be custom and require a script to configure. I am aware of this limitation as I've played with installing postfix using cPanel and sending works (with a minor modification to Roundcube/Horde), but email delivery does not function due to the reasons I've just listed.

Basically, unless you are familiar with how to properly configure the paths for mail delivery with postfix, I would highly suggest going the supported route with exim.