The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create Individual WHM Logins?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rezman, Feb 16, 2014.

1. rezman

rezman Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is it possible to create individual WHM logins that all have the same access as the root login (minus changing root password)? Reason being, we run a small yet growing hosting company and I want to make individual WHM logins for each tech. It would make for some better logging as to who did what plus not needing to give out the master password. I've already done the SSH keys for those that need SSH access. Works wonders with that. It would be awesome if the WHM login could make use of the private key logins as well.

I looked around the features request and only found a request for Cpanel accounts.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You could make an account a reseller and grant it the "All Features" privilege via "WHM Home » Resellers » Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges". Keep in mind that with all features, the reseller could change the root password to the system and choose to use "root" as the username after doing so.

Thank you.