The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create mail account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by addison71, Aug 25, 2011.

1. addison71

addison71 Member

Hello friends,

I have a domain in namecheap.com and i want to create a mail account admin@mydomain.com. I do not want to
    create it on namecheap.com (namecheap is a domain registrar and mydomain.com is an example) instead i want to create it on Cpanel. I know i can create mail account in Cpanel, but do i need to change anything on my All host records for instant adding an A record. Please let me know the procedure.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Does your web hosting provider have name servers available for you to use? If so, you can simply change the name servers assigned to your domain name at your registrar to the ones provided by your web hosting provider.

This will allow the email accounts created via cPanel to work without changing the MX records at your domain registrar.

Thank you.

3. addison71

addison71 Member

Thank you for the reply. Yes they do allow users to change nameservers, How ever i wonder what are the possibilities doing this with out changing DNS?.

Could you also let me know wheather i am correct on following idea. As per my research, i found out if i change DNS on namecheap.com to nameservers of my host, I can create A record, CNAME inside Cpanel. Is that true?.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, that is correct. You can add custom "A" or "CNAME" records if you are using the name servers provided by your web hosting provider. This is done via the "Simple DNS Zone Editor" option within cPanel. More information on this option can be found at:

Simple DNS Zone Editor

Thank you.