The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create new user... fatal error!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidSlash, Jan 25, 2014.

1. DavidSlash

DavidSlash Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Every time I want to add a new user to cPanel (I use WHM as root) I get: [a fatal error or timeout ocurred while processing this directive]

The error in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log is:

Code:
    [2014-01-25 16:50:11 -0300] die [whostmgr5] Not a valid user 'admin' at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 165
    	Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::_uid_and_gid('admin', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 38
    	Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::new('Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges', 'admin') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/MyCnf/Basic.pm line 85
    	Cpanel::MysqlUtils::MyCnf::Basic::_getmydbparm('host') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/MyCnf/Basic.pm line 105
    	Cpanel::MysqlUtils::MyCnf::Basic::getmydbhost() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils.pm line 314
    	Cpanel::MysqlUtils::getmysqldir() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils.pm line 105
    	Cpanel::MysqlUtils::db_exists('soporte') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 428
    	Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct('force', undef, 'max_email_per_hour', 'unlimited', 'maxpark', 'unlimited', 'hasshell', 'y', 'maxpop', 'n', 'pass', 'pico2Lina', 'digestauth', 'y', 'user', 'soporte', 'no_cache_update', 0, 'max_defer_fail_percentage', 'unlimited', 'useip', 'y', 'bwlimit', 0, 'featurelist', 'default', 'maxlst', 'n', 'homedir', '', 'maxsql', 'n', 'quota', 'unlimited', 'spf', undef, 'maxaddon', 'unlimited', 'gid', '', 'maxftp', 'n', 'plan', 'Completo', 'uid', '', 'domain', '[REMOVED]', 'owner', 'root', 'mxcheck', 'auto', 'maxsub', 'n', 'contactemail', '[REMOVED]', 'useregns', 0, 'forcedns', 0, 'is_restore', 0, 'cpmod', 'x3', 'dkim', 1, 'installfp', 'y', 'hascgi', 'y', 'locale', 'en') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1953
    	Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount('maxaddon', 'unlimited', 'max_email_per_hour', 'unlimited', 'cgi', 1, 'plan', 'Completo', 'maxftp', 'unlimited', 'domain', '[REMOVED]', 'username', 'soporte', 'maxpop', 'unlimited', 'maxpark', 'unlimited', 'hasshell', 1, 'dbuser', 'soporte', 'maxsub', 'unlimited', 'hasuseregns', 1, 'mxcheck', 'auto', 'contactemail', '[REMOVED]', 'digestauth', 1, 'password', 'pico2Lina', 'ip', 1, 'sign', '', 'max_defer_fail_percentage', 'unlimited', 'cpmod', 'x3', 'pkgname', '', 'bwlimit', 'unlimited', 'language', 'en', 'dkim', 1, 'maxlst', 'unlimited', 'featurelist', 'default', 'customip', '--Auto Assign--', 'maxsql', 'unlimited', 'quota', 'unlimited') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2004
    	Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount('maxaddon', 'unlimited', 'max_email_per_hour', 'unlimited', 'cgi', 1, 'plan', 'Completo', 'maxftp', 'unlimited', 'domain', '[REMOVED]', 'username', 'soporte', 'maxpop', 'unlimited', 'maxpark', 'unlimited', 'hasshell', 1, 'dbuser', 'soporte', 'maxsub', 'unlimited', 'hasuseregns', 1, 'mxcheck', 'auto', 'contactemail', 'username@domain.com', 'digestauth', 1, 'password', 'pico2Lina', 'ip', 1, 'sign', '', 'max_defer_fail_percentage', 'unlimited', 'cpmod', 'x3', 'pkgname', '', 'bwlimit', 'unlimited', 'language', 'en', 'dkim', 1, 'maxlst', 'unlimited', 'featurelist', 'default', 'customip', '--Auto Assign--', 'maxsql', 'unlimited', 'quota', 'unlimited') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5 line 609
    	main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5 line 233

#1 DavidSlash, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  2. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Please look to see if you have a user named "admin" within your /etc/passwd file?
    If so, is this a valid cPanel user?

3. DavidSlash

DavidSlash Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, there's a username "admin". But I'm not adding a username called admin to my cPanel, I'm assuming that's the user that WHM uses to create the the account... or not?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have only seen the error message you referenced in cases where someone attempted to use "admin" as the username. Could you open a support ticket with the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Note: I removed the references to your domain name from the error snippet you provided in your initial post.

Thank you.

5. coldbeer

coldbeer Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We are experiencing the exact same error. We get this when trying to create an account and also when opening phpmyadmin from within WHM. The Admin user exists in the password file with a uid 0.

Were you able to find a solution?

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The previous poster did not submit a ticket that could be found. Could you open a support ticket with the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.