Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Create Sub Folders of Inbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Xyxy, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Xyxy

Xyxy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,
    after long time I switched back to cPanel, but regardings emails I'm a little bit disappointed.

Of course I asked my webhosting provider to do some modifications, but reply was:
    First I asked for Managesieve:
    github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/managesieve, which is in plugin for filters in Roundcube github repo.
    Don't know honestly, why filters are available in Horde, but they're not included in Roundcube.
    (Of course I can use cPanel administration, but I don't want allow users to go there)
    I found on features page link Sieve support for Dovecot, but I dont know if it is related.

Then I asked for:
    mobile skin Mélanie2 Larry mobile: github.com/messagerie-melanie2/Roundcube-Skin-Melanie2-Larry-Mobile with switch to desktop/mobile github.com/messagerie-melanie2/Roundcube-Plugin-Mobile

Without these two things I can live with that, but the third thing is the important one, which I can't live with it I can't create subfolders of Inbox:
    Create folders on the INBOX level in Dovecot no reply from cPanel team for nearly 5 years. :(
    There is one workaround, but I asked webhosting to try it.

Both three items I had on previous webhosting and I got used to it, when I used it for almost 3 years.

#1 Xyxy, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
  2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is this anything like what you are looking for ?
    Taken from the Email Accounts - Version 66 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Failing that, you should be able to create any folder you like and subscribe to it via IMAP or webmail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xyxy

Xyxy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I know about email subaddresses and that I can use them to filter, but not everybody knows about it and that's not solution for everybody, when Horde has filters, but Roundcube has filters too via plugin, which is not in cPanel package.

Anyway I'd like to have subfolders of Inbox
    ctrlv.cz//shots/2017/10/29/QeZS.png

Right now I have this:
    ctrlv.cz//shots/2017/10/29/JZvG.png

and I couldn't create subfolder of Inbox:
    ctrlv.cz//shots/2017/10/29/lyN4.png

I can't edit my OP or my previous post and I'd like to add that somebody already created feature request for mobile skin for Roundcube: Roundcube: add mobile skin with desktop/phone switch

#3 Xyxy, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

This is not supported, however there is a user-submitted workaround referenced on the feature request you linked at:

Create folders on the INBOX level in Dovecot

You'd need to see if this is something your hosting provider can setup on your behalf, as it requires root access.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...