Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Creating a directory alias

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbeFroman, Mar 27, 2002.

1. AbeFroman

AbeFroman BANNED

I have 1000 photos that i took that i want everyone who hosts with me to have access to, i want to store them in one directory so each user doesnt have to put the on there space......

ok for cpanel i create a directory called /imagelib inside the directory public_html which is inside the directory cpanel-skel This will make any account created with cpanel created with the /imagelib directory already in there account.

Now, for the command do i put the zip file in the /imagelib directory in my root directory? and what is the command?
    Alias /imagelib /public_html/imagelib or
    Alias /imagelib /cpanel-skel/public_html/imagelib

And does this command have to be run when i am in the root directory?

Thanks in advance for your help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Abe, you *seriously* need to hook yourself up with a linux systems administration / RedHat & apache how-to type book.

These questions are more akin to &linuxnewbies.org&............. I am not even sure if what you are asking below is for a modification to the webserver or a symbolic link as far as within the filesystem.

It sounds like both. Can you clarify?

A symbolic link is created via
    &ln -s DESTINATION LINK_NAME&

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...