The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating a reseller from an existing acount

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Svaha, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Svaha

Svaha Active Member

Hi all,
    I have been creating reseller accounts as new accounts without a hitch, but now I need to upgrade an existing domain to a reseller account.

How do I upgrade an account on an existing package? Won't adding the reseller IP cause wierdness in all the accounts using that package? I understand that will assign the IP to all the accounts on it.

What I usually do when creating a new reseller is create an account with no package, but I see no way of removing the package from that existing account. I see no way to upgrade/downgrade or otherwise modify an account to "no package".

How are you guys dealing with this?

2. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

I dont think it react like you say, but if you want to get rid of package affiliation I believe removing the line:
    PLAN=planname
    from /var/cpanel/users/username will get rid of all traces of the package from that account.
    I would just add reseller privs, and change his/her ownership to themselves and warn them not to delete their own account. Then you can change them to one of their packages or whatever.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. Svaha

Svaha Active Member

Thanks, that's good information. I'll try that.

4. Svaha

Svaha Active Member

I couldn't find any such line as Plan=planname under the directory etc you pointed out. Any other ideas? Maybe I'll just make her a special one-off package but that seems wasteful.