The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating an account cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rockeby, Sep 25, 2016.

1. rockeby

rockeby Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone,
    I bought a server VPS and a domain domain.com in the same host and I already had a domain example123.com in a different host but pointing in VPS server I bought.
    So I installed Centos 6 in the VPS server with hostname example123.com.
    After installing WHM I tried to create a Cpanel account for example123.com but I was not allowed because it was already the name of the host. So I changed the hostname from example123.com to domain.com and when I tried again to create a Cpanel account this time the error was that the name already exists in Apache configuration.
    I also tried to install a new website straight trough WHM by using softacoulus but the only domain name available is that one I bought with the server, that is domain.com.
    The domain name I necessarily need to use is example123.com.
    Any idea how to fix this issue?
    Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You must use a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) that contains two periods (e.g. hostname.example.com). Could you update the hostname and let us know if the issue persists when creating the new account? Information on changing the hostname is available at:

Change Hostname - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

In addition, ensure you delete any existing DNS zones for the domain name you are creating via "WHM >> DNS Functions >> Delete a DNS Zone", as it's likely the zone still exists and it's blocking the account creation.

Thank you.