The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating cPanel Modules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gattomatto, Nov 1, 2006.

1. gattomatto

gattomatto Registered

Hi all. I'm having troubles creating my own cPanel module and need some help. The documentation is somewhat lacking... Here is what I did so far:

1. I edited the base/frontend/x/index.html and added a link to my new module in there with a pretty icon.

2. Created a page at base/frontend/x/mail/addowm.html. Right now it doesn nothing, it just looks like this:

<cpanel setvar="headerimg=../images/mailmenu.gif">
    <cpanel setvar="dprefix=../">
    <cpanel include="../stdheader.html">

<b>Create OpenWebMail Account</b><br/><br/>

<div align="center"><b>[</b> <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)"><cpanel langprint="Goback"></a><b> ]</b></div>
    <cpanel include="../stdfooter.html">

3. Created a new perl module Cpanel/OWMAdd.pm which also does nothing currently, just want to get things to load for starters, so the important code is this:

@EXPORT = qw(OWMAdd_init);

sub OWMAdd_init {
    return(1);
    }

I followed the documentation on creating the module and did a "perl -c" to make sure there are no errors. It's fine...

So, I click on the icon which shows up in my main window, snuggled below "IP Deny Manager" and next to "Virus Scan". It brings me to my page as expected, http://myhost.com:2082/mail/addowm.html

But this page is totally blank. What could I be doing wrong here?

Thank you!

- Matt

2. gattomatto

gattomatto Registered

Need help, please..

Hey everyone.. I really need some help on this issue. If this isn't the right forum, which one is? I will repost. Thank you!!