The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating cron in root whm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robertall, Mar 6, 2006.

1. robertall

robertall Member

Hey people,

My apache keeps overloading and crashs the server, and i need to start it manually everytime i get a chance to do so, I was wondering if thier was a way to run this cron;

service httpd restart

in root whm as it does not work in my superuser cPanel account

Can someone please help me?

Robert.

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

why not cure the cause

hi,
    have you ever wondered why is yoru apache crashing so frequently, what does the log files say.

It would be best to look for the reason and solve it, if you are not so experienced you can ask your server provider to check or you can hire a responsible and dependable expert system admin to check and solve for you.

see ya,
    mohit

3. robertall

robertall Member

My main host is as intelligent as a fish. They appear to know nothing. I have tryed to put httopd.conf to default, i tryed a cron in cPanel on my main reseller which has root access, and nothing works.

All i need is a cron to fix this, but i cannot see anyway around this. Any suggestions?

I got my log files, and it just showed a load of 404 errors and some crap about the wrong kernel version in /root/system.Map.

Anyway, i googled about that, and it said it was not serious, so i have not done anything about it.

Thanks for your help,

Robert.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As mohit says, you need to fix the cause of the problem, not the symptoms. If you're unsure how to do that you would be best off hiring a server admin to investigate it for you, or if you get support from your server provider, having them investigate.

5. robertall

robertall Member

Shouldn't i get my host off its lazy ass to do the job? Since i am paying £30 ($70) a month for a UK-Based VPS with 10gig of space. Really annoying...