The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Custom Pages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soheil, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Soheil

Soheil Active Member

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding custom pages. Please tell me how I can accumplish the following if you know.

1. Once I purchase a new domain name, it automaticaly points to my DNS server, but unless I manually create an account (od dns entry) for the name, the browser gets a dns error.

Is there a way to define a dummy entry for all the domains which point to my DNS server or another solution?

2. When I create a new domain, I would like to see a general page which says something like the domain has been hosted here and will be up soon, or something simillar. My servers never had this feature working. Is it something I have to manually create?

3. I would lik to have a for sale page for some of my domains, but do not want to create them individually.
    on the other hand I don't want to make one domain and point the rest to it to create the effect for 2 reasons:
    A. If the main domain is closed, the rest have to be reconfigured which is very time consuming.

B. I want to have a customized message on each page, like welcome to sitename.com
    if you want to purchase this domain, contact info@sitename.com or sitename@mainsite.com

Thank you for the help in advance.

2. Soheil

Soheil Active Member

anyone has any ideas?