Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

creating email discussion group

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Suzanne L, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Suzanne L

Suzanne L Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi everyone. I'm new - and pretty new to the cPanel. Does anyone know how i can create an email discussion group similar to the google group discussion groups. It's where each "member" sends an email to one address and the email is distributed to all members. Searched the forums, but could not find anything that fit (that i could understand!) Thank you very much. Suzanne

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Suzanne L

Suzanne L Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you. unfortunately I don't see the MailMan option. even in a search. upload_2018-8-15_12-24-28.png

4. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Suzanne L

It looks like your provider hasn't given you the mailing lists feature. In order to obtain it, you'll need to contact them to see if it's something they provide to users.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would really recommend installing a forum on your web hosting space and using that instead of an email discussion list.

Email discussion lists are pretty old. And while there are still several around (i.e. the Exim user mailing list) I'm not sure if there are a lot of newer ones being created with robust followings.

Everything moved to forums or perhaps Facebook groups.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but it is an alternative platform you might want to consider.

6. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    That might also be a solution to the fact that the mailing lists feature is disabled by the provider.

Though, I will say, @sparek-3 personally I'm a part of several active robust email lists so they're not gone yet! :)

7. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, I just can't imagine something like this cPanel forums being done in an email platform. I probably either wouldn't be subscribed or would rarely if ever contribute, because it's more of a hassle for me. I much prefer the forum flow of things.

They tell me that Facebook groups has stolen a lot of the forum mojo, but I never got too involved in Facebook.

8. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Nor could I, for purposes of what we do I don't see them as being a viable solution - a lot of idea based or discussion based items work really well in that medium though.

I've heard that too but I've yet to find any that are useful to me personally.