Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Creating Email Identity

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by k_matthews, Oct 14, 2010.

1. k_matthews

k_matthews Registered

I really hope someone can help me here as I'm staring to go round the twist with this problem...!

I am logging in to WebMail via Horde, where I have several email addresses that I can receive emails from. When I create an email, it defaults to my email address #1 as the sender. I want to be able to send from any of three email address identities though.... So, I clicked on 'Options' and selected 'Personal Information'. Here it allows me to create a new identity as well as the default,which I do. Great! Next I test that this is working by creating a new email and there I have two options for email identity - the default and the one I have just created. Double great! However, once I have finished and logged off it doesn't retain this information - the next time I log in, the email identity I have created has vanished and I'm left with just the default identity - Arggghhhhhh!
    Please can someone help me - Its probably me, I'm probably doing something really basic wrong but I need someone to help me as I just cant figure it out myself.
    Thanks so much.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. k_matthews

k_matthews Registered

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I'm logging in under my account user name.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Try logging in with an actual email account instead of the account's root user and set up what you want there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...