The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Email Identity

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by k_matthews, Oct 14, 2010.

1. k_matthews

k_matthews Registered

I really hope someone can help me here as I'm staring to go round the twist with this problem...!

I am logging in to WebMail via Horde, where I have several email addresses that I can receive emails from. When I create an email, it defaults to my email address #1 as the sender. I want to be able to send from any of three email address identities though.... So, I clicked on 'Options' and selected 'Personal Information'. Here it allows me to create a new identity as well as the default,which I do. Great! Next I test that this is working by creating a new email and there I have two options for email identity - the default and the one I have just created. Double great! However, once I have finished and logged off it doesn't retain this information - the next time I log in, the email identity I have created has vanished and I'm left with just the default identity - Arggghhhhhh!
    Please can someone help me - Its probably me, I'm probably doing something really basic wrong but I need someone to help me as I just cant figure it out myself.
    Thanks so much.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. k_matthews

k_matthews Registered

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I'm logging in under my account user name.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Try logging in with an actual email account instead of the account's root user and set up what you want there.