The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating email only user accounts?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rudebox, Jul 1, 2003.

1. rudebox

rudebox Registered

I'm new to Cpanel/WHM, not to mention server management. I have what I think should be a simple task, but cannot figure out how to get Cpanel/WHM to comply.

I want to sell "e-mail only" accounts to individuals, in which they can choose from the inventory of my domain names hosted on my server. In order for them to have access to forwarders, dist lists, blockers, etc. it appears I must give them access to Cpanel? I know I could set them each up as a subdomain, but that is not acceptable since it would give them a crummy subdomain email address "user@sub.domain.com". I want them to be able to use "user@domain.com".

If I set them up as a user in WHM, I can only create 1 user per domain, which will not work for my purpose. If I set them up in Cpanel, they don't have access to set up their own forwarding, etc. I want them to have full access to their own email account and all functionality, but nothing else.

How do I do this in Cpanel/WHM??? I've tried everything and cannot seem to make it work. Can anyone help?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

You could set them up each with their own account and own cPanel. Then use the MailOnly cPanel skin to give them access to their mail and nothing else ;)

3. rudebox

rudebox Registered

Thanks for your reply Stefaans, but it doesn't answer the question.

How can I create multiple user accounts in WHM with the same domain? I haven't found any way to do this. If you know how, please let me know, as it will resolve my problem.

The goal is that I need to be able to create multiple user accounts using the same domain, in order to give each of them them Cpanel access to manage their own email account. Or, if that is not possible, what other way can I do it?

Still searching for answers. Please help!

4. dysk

dysk Well-Known Member

Hi-
    The way that I have done this is by creating a cPanel EmailOnly account with the domain of username@username.domain.com and then setting up a forwarder from username@domain.com to username@username.domain.com.
    This doesn't allow a user to manage what their email address is, but it does allow them to manage all the other aspects.
    Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Erek