The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating packages with unlimited fields resets to zero?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tekime, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Tekime

Tekime Member

Hi,

I am trying to create packages via WHM and assign "unlimited" to Email accounts, FTP Accounts, Email lists, SQL Databases, and/or Sub-domains. It saves the values without complaining, but when I actually apply the package to an account it puts a zero in each of the above fields, instead of "unlimited" as it should. The WHM documentation does not note this problem and I haven't had any luck with a brief search of the forums and Google.

Can somebody please explain this problem for me?

#1 Tekime, Aug 9, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  2. Tekime

Tekime Member

For what it's worth, I was attempting the above via my "primary" reseller account (I'm on a VPS).

When I create the packages via WHM as root, everythign seems ok. Maybe a limitation I can modify via root? I'll dig a little deeper, but I thought I would update.

#2 Tekime, Aug 9, 2004
  3. Tekime

Tekime Member

Okay, I discovered the settings to enable this for my reseller account via root in WHM. Sorry for the pointless post, I swear I searched before posting! :eek:

#3 Tekime, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Saamite

Saamite Registered

Can you post or PM me more info? I have this happening as well.... and if I am logged in as my admin account, why shouldn't it stick? I have to do some backend stuff to make it work? I need to be able to go in, make the resource limits I want (including "unlimited"), and be done with it. :(

Someone please help.

#4 Saamite, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Tekime

Tekime Member

Hi Saamite,

You need to be logged into WHM as an Admin, then go to Reseller Center, select the applicable reseller account, and click "Edit Priveleges/Nameservers". Under the "Priveleges" section of the next screen, there is an option for "Allow Creation of Packages with Unlimited Features (ie. unlimited pop accounts)". This needs to be checked for the reseller account to have this ability.

If you don't have root access (like a VPS or dedicated) to manage multiple reseller accounts, you'll probably have to ask your host/provider to set this for you.

HTH!

#5 Tekime, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Saamite

Saamite Registered

Thank you very much!!

7. Tekime

Tekime Member

No problem!