The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating reseller account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dxer, Nov 17, 2004.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

I have never opened reseller account yet so I need some help about this:

1. If reseller don't want to use his own nameservers, when opening this reseller account do I need to enter again my main nameservers of the server or just leave this empty ?

2. If reseller wants his own nameservers, does this nameservers need separate IP addresses or not ?

3. So , separated nameservers for reseller account must be registered through domain registrar just like my own main nameservers of the server , right ?

4. When giving account permission and privileges to became reseller, do I need to give this account dedicated IP address or this account can use main shared IP address , main address of the server ?

5. If I must dedicate one new address to this reseller account, is this IP address will be used for shared IP address for the accounts reseller will be creating ?

6. What about Fantastico for reseller. What permissions reseller account have for Fantastico

7. Account which will be given a permission to be reseller already exist on server and is owned by root so nameservers for this domain are like for any other account. But this domain now will be used for reseller account and for registering this new nameservers. How to accomplish this as now this account on server have main nameservers of this server. What should be changed in this way.

Thanks

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    1) Just leave them blank.
    2) They don't have to be separate IPs.
    3) The process isn't the same as you are thinking, I am sure. Let's say the user waqnts ns1.resellersrus.com and ns2.resellersrus.com -- as long as they already own resellersrus.com, all they need to do is log into their account at the registrar and add the nameservers to resellersrus.com using the 2 IP addresses you give them when you set up the custom nameservers in WHM.
    4) The reseller account does not need a dedicated IP address, they can use the main shared one.
    5) It is possible to assign a reseller an IP address that their accounts use instead of the main shared one if you want.
    6) Go into the Fantastico admin area and set up reseller/user access as you see fit. By default if you haven't made changes, then all users including resellers have access to Fantastico.
    7) Once you've set up the reseller's custom nameservers and they register them at their registrar and the new info has had time to propagate, then it is possible for the resellerrus.com domain to use ns1.resellersrus.com and ns2.resellersrus.com as its nameservers.

3. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

Many thanks on details.
    One more thing about 2 and 3 to clear this

If reseller will have custom nameservers , is this nameservers can use IP addresses from main nameservers of this server or they must have their own separate nameservers. I mean, how could IP addresses be the same for different pair of nameservers ?

4. deyviee

deyviee Registered

You can use the same IP of your shared nameservers and assign it to the custom nameservers

5. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

Is it possible that I dedicate one IP address to this reseller account which will be this reseller shared IP address and that this IP address can be used for primary nameserver (custom reseller nameserver). Of course, secondary nameserver will be assigned with another IP address

6. host4all

host4all Member

I tried this, but every time I want to add a new nameserver, WHM automatically assigns a free IP. I want to use the two main IPs of the server for all my resellers, but they should still have their own nameservers. Like this:

ns1.host.com - 123.123.123.123
    ns2.host.com - 123.123.123.124

ns1.reseller1.com - 123.123.123.123
    ns2.reseller1.com - 123.123.123.124

ns1.reseller2.com - 123.123.123.123
    ns2.reseller2.com - 123.123.123.124

At first I thought it would have something to do with the tweak settings, so I checked the tickbox that says: Allow Sharing Nameserver Ips. But WHM keeps assigning free IPs to new nameservers.

Anyone?