The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating subdomains accounts??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PresFox, Oct 3, 2004.

1. PresFox

PresFox Registered

How can i create sub domain accounts in WHM?

when i try it, the FTP access works, same for the Cpanel, but the web doesnt

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Probably just a time issue. ISP's need to read the altered db file before subdomains created in WHM will work.

3. preleaf

preleaf Well-Known Member

guide me how to the way subdomain step by step .I have read squirreland PresFox but i dont understand .Pls help me Bcs. my customes order me but I havent way to solution by myself .thank you somuch!

4. PWSowner

Just create an account in WHM for sub.domain.com instead of domain.com.

5. preleaf

but the first must create sub.domain.com .where is this do on WHM i see DNS function but I didnt create sub domain .I thought add DNS zone then choice base domain and type subdomain ,inst it?

6. PWSowner

If you want the subdomain to have it's own account, all you do is use "create a new account" and create an account with the full subdomain. No zone file editing needed.

7. preleaf

I mean how to create subdomain .for example ,I have base domain is www.abc.com
    now i want to create subdomain www.myname.abc.com .How to create it ?please guide me create subdomain beforce I use it .I think ,subdomain is storaged with a record in database and it is map from base domain .guide me again create a SUBDOMAIN.Thank you so much.
    Regards,
    Preleaf,

8. __DoPe_ShOw__

__DoPe_ShOw__ Well-Known Member

Login to the cPanel for abc.com... Create the subdomain there, then create the new account with sub.abc.com then put a redirect on the subdomain as umm http://abc.com/~username/ Should work fine. if not, sorry...

9. preleaf

To __DoPe_ShOw__:I used this way but it doesnt .I only have know use on WHM but I cant do that

10. __DoPe_ShOw__

Ok, apparently your not from the US as you talk like someone who has the intelligence of a 2 year old. What I said did not work? It will not be a real domain but it will act as one. Just do exactly as I said. I did it a lil while ago just to check. Put the domain as the subdomain that you are creating. Its very easy...

11. preleaf

do not say that.

12. PWSowner

As I posted earlier, creating an account for sub.domain.com is easy.

If you want it to have it's own account and it's own cpanel, just go to WHM "Create Account" and create an account using the full URL, sub.domain.com, instead of just domain.com. That's all there is to it.

The account will be created and the zone files will be written automatically.

If you have already made a subdomain in cpanel, you WILL NOT be able to add it in WHM. If you already have zone files for the subdomain, it probably won't work either.

If you don't want it to have it's own account and it's own cpanel, just make a subdomain in cpanel. You can't do both though. A subdomain has to be created in cpanel OR whm, not both.

13. PWSowner

For what reason did you say that? Can you not tell the difference between a kid and someone who isn't English?

He does seem to be making a simple job complicated, but poor English doesn't make someone a dummy. Your English isn't perfect either. I've noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors in your posts. I just don't believe in attacking others. That's why I'm generally liked here. I help out when possible and I don't put others down.

14. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Can you post the contents of your .htaccess located in the root of this account if it's "not" empty?
    I came across this once and there where config settings being used in the .htaccess that prevented access to you.yourdomain.com

worth a peek anyway.

15. __DoPe_ShOw__

I can tell the difference between a kid and an illiterate person. He must be both. I just cannot stand when someone cannot even compile a correct sentence. I know I make mistakes but I do not type like this: I can do but not why are telling u me this. But anyways, I showed him how to do it. I did it just like I said in previous posts and it worked perfectly. But oh well... Sorry.. HAHA....