The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating subdomains with same name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vrajesh, Oct 17, 2004.

1. vrajesh

vrajesh Registered

Hello,

Say, i am hosting domain1.com. I add add-on domain domain2.com. Now i want to create sudomain namely "forum" for domain1.com (so, forum.domain1.com) and for domain2.com (so, forum.domain2.com).

I first create subdomain "forum" for domain1.com. It is easy and i could do it. But when i go to create "forum" for domain2.com, cpanel does not add subdomains. It throws error as "Domain already added".

With my little technical knowledge , i understand that Cpanel creates sudomains as folders under "public_html". So, naturally there can't be 2 folders with same name.

So, Is this the problem that is preventing creation of 2 subdomains with same name for 2 different domains?

I would be really happy user, if i get any reply.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vrajesh

2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Dear Mr.vrajesh,

You can't create more than one subdomain with the same name for a particular domain as all of them would be stored in the same public_html directory.

But here you are using two different domains. So there won't be any problem in creating subdomains with the same name as it would be stored on their respective public_html directories.

Regards,
    :)

3. yugiez

yugiez Registered

Hello,

I have a question.
    Let's say i have 2 domain (abc.com and abc.com.mx) account. I want to create abc.abc.com and abc.abc.com.mx.

Is it possible to do that?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    :)

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Yes. You can create them in cpanel, or in WHM if you want them to have their own cpanels.