The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Unqiue Nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by megagamesplus, Jan 31, 2007.

1. megagamesplus

megagamesplus Member

Hi

I need help to be able to create unqiue nameservers addresses for other people. This has to be a step by step guide from the creation of account to making it into a reseller account and then giving them their own nameservers.

Please contact me at Byron_Wells1@yahoo.co.uk

#1 megagamesplus, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  2. zack6924

zack6924 Member

To make your own name servers you must first register them with your domain registrar which I can not give you a step by step guide on doing on account of I do not know who your domain registrar is nor have I been with many domain registrars so your best bet would be to contact them first then come here looking for help on how to get them parked through the software on your server... I don't know if I'm using the right words by saying parked but the domain registrar will ask you what the IP to your server is and what you want for the Name Server
    E.g.
    NameServer1[ns1.]yourdomain.com
    ServerIP[55][555][55][55]
    Nameserver2[ns2.]yourdomain.com
    ServerIP[55][555][55][55]

These are called (talking by my own experince not fact) Child Name Servers as far as I've gone into it.

3. megagamesplus

megagamesplus Member

Zacl

You can create the nameservers within the resller part first and get an unique ip address, etc. then pass it onto the domain name register

#3 megagamesplus, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  4. megagamesplus

megagamesplus Member

Tbat is what I need an indepth help with please.........