The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating vhost entries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamBru, May 29, 2005.

1. SamBru

SamBru Registered

Hi,

I've been having problems trying to set up domains as I require.
    Basically I have a Zope instance on a seperate server setup that manages my virtualhosting, I just need to be able to set up new domains which include either a ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse or RewriteRule/ProxyPassReverse. This needs to be done automatically when a particular reseller adds a domain.

I can add the RewriteRule in to the skeleton .htaccess, which is all well and good, though for the sites to work properly I need the ProxyPassReverse, which is not allowed in .htaccess.

This has lead me to needing to add something to each virtualhost entry. The apparent place for this to be done(to me) is the /scripts/wwwacct script. I have, as a test, made a modification to the file to see if it is reflected in the httpd.conf entry when adding either a parked or subdomain. The change has not shown up.

So, futher investigation points me to finding out where, how or even if the line
    Code:
    <cpanel SubDomain="addsubdomain($FORM{'user'},,1)">

and the similar pieces of code, calls a method. I haven't been able to find anything yet, so if anyone knows where that method is, it would be a delight to hear it.

Any nudges in the right direction will help, or even an alternative way to go about this (the rewrite to zope).

Cheers,
    Sam