The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cron Deamon Email for Domain Sync Cron

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by garyspinkdesign, Sep 7, 2014.

1. garyspinkdesign

garyspinkdesign Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi there,

I have whmcs linked to a cpanel account. I setup a domain sync cron the other night and for some reason im getting two emails, one for the cron that shows the corrrect information and it appears to be working:

'Domain Synchronisation Cron Report for 06-09-2014 00:00:01

Active Domain Syncs' etc

However i am also getting a Cron Deamon email from the root that shows:

'Domain Synchronisation Cron Report for 06-09-2014 00:00:01<br />
    <br />
    Active Domain Syncs<br />'

Just wondering what the problem is, the cron seems to be running and running correctly, i just dont get why Im getting the second cron deamon email, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, new to the forums.

2. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

It's a cron question; we'll take a look. Where do you have the crontab running at? An easy place is to check /var/spool/cron/* and see which file the cronjob is in. Also you should have something like this at the top: MAILTO=<some email address>. It is very possible the message isn't being delivered and you're getting a bounce from root.

Thanks!

3. garyspinkdesign

garyspinkdesign Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, how do i check /var/spool/cron/ ? cannot see those folders on the server unless im looking in the wrong place, I'm new to all this and have set it up (whmcs and cpanel) over the last month so a few things im not sure on.

The cron is the domain sync cron for WHMCS located in the whmcs/crons/domainsync.php

I have my daily whmcs cron working perfectly, and this one seems to work fine also its just this extra cron deamon email im getting.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will not be able to view the cron files directly in /var/spool/cron via SSH if you do not have root access to the system (your access level shows as reseller). Could you report this issue to your hosting provider so they can take a closer look?

Thank you.