Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CRON emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by freeranger, Sep 3, 2003.

1. freeranger

freeranger Member

Hi,

I have set up a couple of CRON jobs through Cpanel and I notice that they send emails when complete.

This is not a problem as such, since I have searched the forums and found how to redirect the output to /dev/null.

What _is_ a problem however, is the from: address in the emails.

I am a domain reseller and so the from address is from root@<actualdomainhoster> rather than say root@<myresellerdomain> or even root@<myclientdomain>

Is there any way to change what email address these mails are coming from?
    Whilst I can stop email coming from my own cron jobs, I cannot force my clients to not receive these emails.

thanks in advance.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you can't change the from address as these emails are generated by the system as the user which cron operates as (usually root). If you're a reseller, your host should have an anonymous hostname on the server so that you don't have to worry about these things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. freeranger

freeranger Member

Aww pooh!
    The host has a not quite anonymous name, which is less than ideal :(
    Plus of course, it "looks bad" a system message from "my" hosting service actually coming from some host name my clients have never heard of :(

thanks for the help.