The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cron file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ljwhite, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I want to make the bandwidth, diskuage and webalizer stats update more often and i get a document:http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=48. It is said:Cron is the tool used to control the frequency of the stats tally. You can easily change how often it will happen by simply modifying the cron job.
    Cron file for RedHat: /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron
    Cron file for FreeBSD: /etc/crontab

But when i log in mydomain.com/cpanel, I did not find this file.
    And it is also said:
    Once you've set the value you want, save the file and reload the cron daemon:
    killall -HUP crond

What does "killall -HUP crond" mean? It is a command? Where should i run this command?
    Many thanks in advance.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Since that's for a different control panel, it's not going to have any relevance.

For cPanel, you can change the stats update frequency in WHM > Tweak Settings.

3. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help. Can you tell me more details? I see so many options there, and i do not know how to do. I just want to make this change on one hosted domain. So can i do that on domain/cpanel? Because i wonder if i make change on whm, the settings on all of hosted domains will also be changed. But if i have to do that on whm, it is ok.