The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cron job does absolutely nothing (no visible changes and no emails back to me)[moved]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Vchat20, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Vchat20

Vchat20 Registered

cron job does absolutely nothing (no visible changes and no emails back to me)

ok. heres the gist. ive got a mission critical cron job im trying to get running here which essentially runs a php script ive set up before hand and it is supposed to run it every 2 minutes. ive tested the script already and it works just fine when run through a browser. the script is located at http://ksim.simmersquarterly.com/np_update.php btw (dont worry about clicking on the link. wont hurt nothing. in fact, it will make the now playing stats more up to date on my site.)

said script is already chmodded to 777. ive got the "#!/usr/local/bin/php" put in the top of the file just in case. and ive tried every kind of command in the cron job to get it to run from wget, lynx, php using both the actual url and the document_root based link to the script. nothing works. not even any emails back to me (which it should without the /dev/null cuz there is some echo'ing in the script.

any ideas? btw, im hosted with onthespothosting.net currently. i have submitted a support ticket on this, but im still waiting on a response.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Your web hosting provider is really in the best position to be able to help you with such an issue.