The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cron job does not resume after php sleep()

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b16b18, Mar 13, 2012.

1. b16b18

b16b18 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    i'm running interspire on my server which uses cron jobs to send mail. it's mailing extremely slow, like a few an hour, so i started digging into the code and logging actions. anyway, i've pin pointed the issue to the sleep() function never resuming execution after the set number of seconds! it's only trying to sleep a few seconds and i've verified that only a small integer is being passed in to sleep(). this has to be a server/whm/hosting issue because i've ran this exact code on other servers with no issues. any ideas what i could check?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If you run the script in command line on the cPanel machine, does it properly execute? Since you've noted you are a website owner when selecting your access level, you may not have the option to run the script in jailed shell or regular shell to see the results. If you do not, I highly suggest contacting your hosting provider who should always be the first line of recourse for any issues you are having.

Thanks!

3. b16b18

b16b18 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    found the issue, the cron max_execution_time was set to only 30 seconds, thanks