The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cron jobs in cPanel not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by footnet, Oct 2, 2007.

1. footnet

footnet Member

Hi,

I did a search on this and tried the other suggestions, but I'm still stuck. I setup a client's server in July running the following:

WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.12.0-C17349
    CENTOS Enterprise 5 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

There are only a few domains as the server is mostly dedicated to one site. Anyway, there are a series of update scripts that need to be run once a month, which I setup in the cron jobs section in cPanel for the main domain. The cron jobs ran without a problem as scheduled the next month. I discovered that it did not run in September and the job was no longer listed. Every time I try to add a job, it says crontab is updated, but the job is not listed when I return to the page. This happens logged in as the domain account or as root.

I have verified that crond is running and there is no /etc/cron.allow file nor cron.deny for that matter. The permissions for crontab are as follows:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 309644 May 19 16:16 crontab

When I try to create the cron job, I get the following in the cpanel error log:
    cron/tmp.XXXXSGPtLp: Permission Denied (or similar)

Any suggestions on how I can best remedy this long term?

2. footnet

footnet Member