The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cron jobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3w-hostconcept, Oct 28, 2004.

1. 3w-hostconcept

3w-hostconcept Well-Known Member

[resolved] cron jobs

Hi, I can't manage to create a CRON JOB from the CPanel interface.
    I get a message saying that the cron job has been taken into account but it doesn't appear in the list "current cron Jobs". Can someone tell me why and how to generate a CRON JOB ?

cron log and logwatch error : AUTH (crontab command not allowed)

#1 3w-hostconcept, Oct 28, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  2. 3w-hostconcept

3w-hostconcept Well-Known Member

i'm resolved my problem

delete cron.allow

Controlling Access to the crontab Command
    You can control access to the crontab command by using two files in the /etc/cron.d directory: cron.deny and cron.allow. These files permit only specified users to perform the crontab command tasks such as creating, editing, displaying, or removing their own crontab files.

The cron.deny and cron.allow files consist of a list of user names, one per line. These access control files work together as follows:

If cron.allow exists, only the users listed in this file can create, edit, display, or remove crontab files.

If cron.allow does not exist, all users can submit crontab files, except for users listed in cron.deny.

If neither cron.allow nor cron.deny exists, superuser privileges are required to run the crontab command.

Superuser privileges are required to edit or create the cron.deny and cron.allow files.