Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cron Mailman digest errors

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Guile, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Guile

Guile Well-Known Member

After I moved accounts to a new server I started to receive the following errors:

I verified that the only directories under /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/ are mailman/ and maiman.mbox/

2. LuisMello

LuisMello Member

Hi

I have some error after move account.

Regards

Luis Mello

3. pattonsystems

pattonsystems Registered

Any update on this???

I'm the third person to post - anyone know the solution to this?

4. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can help with the cause of it. In the example given, the needed directories are not there. As Guile said:
    "I verified that the only directories under /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/ are mailman/ and maiman.mbox/ "

There should be directories with the other list(s) names also. That is why the "[Errno 20] Not a directory:" error is there, because the directory is not there.

Hope this helps all three of you,
    Ron

5. Guile

Guile Well-Known Member

As of a few days ago I also receive this via email along with the initial one.

Code:
    List xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx has a bogus archive_directory: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx
    List xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx has a bogus archive_directory: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx

6. ivaserver

ivaserver Well-Known Member

I have the same error on 2 servers after account copy

7. bear

bear Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    "has a bogus archive_directory"

If you look in the server, the account transfer isn't moving the archives but instead creates a file with that name set to 755 in place of them. In recent moves, I had to copy all the archives over manually using SCP and set correct permissions to fix it.

8. Guile

Guile Well-Known Member

The problem is that the old server is gone. So I can't copy anyhting over manually. :( Any idea on how I can fix this without having access to the old server.

Also, I think obvious from the exchange here that this is a cPanel account transfer/copy bug/issue that needs to be reported and addressed by by the staff. Has anyone reported this yet?

9. tavenger5

tavenger5 Member

I'm having the same problem with one of my accounts that has e-mail lists.

Edit - this is how I fixed it:

Remove the previous private directory:
    rm -r -f /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private

Copy archive from old server:
    scp -r PREVIOUS_SERVER_IP:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #9 tavenger5, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  10. PDW

PDW Well-Known Member

and what if the old server is gone?

11. Guile

Guile Well-Known Member

This is is my problem as well. The old server is gone and cPanel to cPanle transfer script seems to have failed to copy everything in this case. :mad: