Cron Mailman digest errors

Guile

Apr 25, 2003
After I moved accounts to a new server I started to receive the following errors:

Email subject: Cron <[email protected]> /usr/bin/python2.4 -S /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cron/senddigests

Email body:
List: xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx: problem processing /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxdigest.mbox:
[Errno 20] Not a directory: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx/attachments'
List: xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx: problem processing /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx/digest.mbox:
[Errno 20] Not a directory: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx/attachments'
List: xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx: problem processing /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx/digest.mbox:
I verified that the only directories under /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/ are mailman/ and maiman.mbox/

cpanelinfoseeker

Oct 25, 2002
NE Illinois
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can help with the cause of it. In the example given, the needed directories are not there. As Guile said:
"I verified that the only directories under /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/ are mailman/ and maiman.mbox/ "

There should be directories with the other list(s) names also. That is why the "[Errno 20] Not a directory:" error is there, because the directory is not there.

Hope this helps all three of you,
Ron

Guile

Apr 25, 2003
As of a few days ago I also receive this via email along with the initial one.

Code:
List xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx has a bogus archive_directory: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx
List xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx has a bogus archive_directory: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx

bear

Sep 24, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
"has a bogus archive_directory"

If you look in the server, the account transfer isn't moving the archives but instead creates a file with that name set to 755 in place of them. In recent moves, I had to copy all the archives over manually using SCP and set correct permissions to fix it.

Guile

Apr 25, 2003
The problem is that the old server is gone. So I can't copy anyhting over manually. :( Any idea on how I can fix this without having access to the old server.

Also, I think obvious from the exchange here that this is a cPanel account transfer/copy bug/issue that needs to be reported and addressed by by the staff. Has anyone reported this yet?

tavenger5

Oct 23, 2003
I'm having the same problem with one of my accounts that has e-mail lists.

Edit - this is how I fixed it:

Remove the previous private directory:
rm -r -f /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private

Copy archive from old server:
scp -r PREVIOUS_SERVER_IP:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives

Last edited:

Guile

Apr 25, 2003
and what if the old server is gone?
This is is my problem as well. The old server is gone and cPanel to cPanle transfer script seems to have failed to copy everything in this case. :mad: