The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cron times in whm changed with 11.25.0-CURRENT_42399

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

After manually updating to 11.25.0-CURRENT_42399 on two freebsd machines we noticed upcp ran at different times than we preset.

I also noticed that cpbackup was now set to run at 1am on both of our freebsd machines AND on a manually updated Centos machine.

Can anyone else running 11.25.0-CURRENT_42399 check to see if their cron times in WHM have changed ?.

The new times totally throw everything off schedule so we had to change them manually to what we needed.

2. pjman

pjman Well-Known Member

I noticed it right away.

As soon as I went to 11.25, My cron times instantly changed by 3 hours 34 minutes. On 2 seperate servers. One 3 hours 34 minutes later than normal, the other 3 hours 34 minutes earlier than normal.

Been with Cpanel for over 8 years, it happens on big updates. I had it confirmed a few years ago. It never bothered me because it is always during the off peak time.

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is a long standing behavior with cPanel Updates. Whenever a change is made during the update to root's crontab, the times for upcp and cpbackup are adjusted to random values.

4. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

This reminds me of when I was an auditor and I would ask someone "why do you do this about something and their answer was "we've always done it that way". I did not ask them "how long have you been doing this", I asked them "WHY do you do this". Basically your answer is "we randomly set values hat you took the time to set the way you want because we have always done it". Sorry that is a totally lame answer. How about you stop messing with the settings our servers that are irrelevant to the proper functioning of cpanel at your level?

5. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm sorry you didn't like the answer. nyjimbo asked for confirmation of the behavior, which I provided.

6. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

And your reply failed to acknowledge that it is a bad and unacceptable practive by cpanel. I was pointing this out since you failed to do so.

7. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Your initial reply was antagonistic and attacked a response I never gave. That part of the thread doesn't deign a response. Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Thank you.

8. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Take your toys and go home!

-------------------
    Your initial reply was antagonistic and attacked a response I never gave. That part of the thread doesn't deign a response. Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Thank you.

I never put words into your mouth at all. My reply quoted and paraphrased yours. It went on to point out that the fact you have always done something does not make it right! Obviously I hit a nerve because you made you last comment and then locked the thread instead of addressing whether or not cpanel intends to fix this issue.

9. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Comments merged to this thread. Do not start another thread to reply to anyone. Send Kenneth a PM if you like, instead.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.