The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cron troubles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lc62003, Nov 10, 2012.

1. lc62003

lc62003 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I installed the cronconfig plugin with the intention of it backing up only cpanel files. Our site is very large and takes up better than 50% of available disk space. I goofed somewhere along the way because it tried to backup the entire /home directory with the obvious disasterous consequences. Fixed that, got everything back up and running. Then tried to fix the cronconfig configuration with no luck. Same issue next night. So I simply uninstalled the plugin only to have it happen the next night. Tried a reinstall and reuninstall to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this so the site isn't down each morning? Thanks!!

2. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would check the CRON on your server, maybe the command is still left on the server.
    Code:
    crontab -l

3. lc62003

lc62003 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Excellent. It was no surprise. :D Thanks for your help tank!

4. lc62003

lc62003 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    OK, I edited the crontab. Next morning same thing. Checked the crontab and the crons had returned. Something updates/replaces the crons. Anyone have further words of wisdom? I'm getting ready to go on vacation for Thanksgiving and don't really want to have to go through this every morning just to keep our site running. :( Thanks!