The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crono job cpanel problem

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by portalhunt, Mar 13, 2011.

1. portalhunt

portalhunt Member

hi i have some problem, and problem is that i am using joomla 1.5 and when ever i deleted any thing form joomla the tables remain in data base. i want to delete all that table, automatically. is there any possible way? please help me.
    i read about Crono job but i don't know command for that work, listen i want to remove all that table which are uninstalled.

Thanks

#1 portalhunt, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. portalhunt

portalhunt Member

cono job command

hi i need a command that when ever i delete any plugin article or component the tables in data base will remove is there any command like this?

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: cono job command

Is the subject title supposed to be concerning a "cron job" command? I'm asking as the title would need to be revised then, and I didn't want to mistakenly revise the title when that was not the intention.

Next, I am not entirely certain what you are actually wanting to achieve. What plugin article or component is being removed precisely? Please provide a detailed example and I will be happy to try to assist further.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: cono job command

Joomla plugins should remove any tables added when they are removed. If you've got one that has not done that properly, you might want to ask the plugin developer about that. If you have removed the plugin incorrectly, that might explain the problem.

For example, you removed the plugin files and did not uninstall it properly from your Joomla admin. If that was the case, replace the plugin files and then try uninstalling from admin again.

I don't see any reason why you'd need to run a cron to remove this sort of thing from the database. A cron is for automating things that need done often, basically. Once you've removed one plugin, the cron would be worthless. If doesn't know what other plugins you might want to remove in the future, that left things behind in the database.

5. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Friendly moderator note

I moved both of your posts, which asked the same question, into a single thread. Please make any comments about this issue in this thread instead of posting new threads.

6. portalhunt

portalhunt Member

well like i deleted the compont my blogs it didnt removed the tables so what i can do? they dont know this problem i mean the my blogs one, i just want a command that remove tables of all that components that were unistalled but there tables are still in the database

7. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you tried posting on the Joomla forums about the issue? Their forum is at Joomla! • Index page

I would highly suggest when posting there to note the name of the component you have removed that is still showing up in the database.

8. portalhunt

portalhunt Member

yeah i posted it there no reply............. and more over i uninstalled many components and still there tables are in database! some examples are My blogs, xmaps etc etc

9. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might want to contact your host about this and have them take a closer look.