Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED crons stop working after upgrade from 5.4 to 5.6.30!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unlockr, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. unlockr

unlockr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    last year i have purchased an encrypted script wich run two crons jobs, a month ago crons stop working and i have talk to the hosting company they said its script problem , The PHP cron file works fine without any errors when visited by browser, the script provider told me that this issue should be fixed by hosting service(I think they are same person coz he can log to may cpanel and see my crons!!!) and refuse to help ! here the command used it run every 10 MIN /home/username/public_html/cron/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1 the cpanel path is correct

cPanel Version 64.0 (build 24)
    Apache Version 2.4.25
    PHP Version 5.6.30 (it was 5.4 Before upgrade)

my question is it true upgrading the PHP version will affect cron job as the script devloper say or its i lie to force me paying arround 100$ for his support? please i need your advice and help to fix this issue.
    THANX

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Have you tried updating the cron job command to ensure it uses the correct path to the PHP-CLI binary? EX:

Code:
    /usr/local/bin/php /home/username/public_html/cron/cron.php
    Thank you.

#2 cPanelMichael, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. unlockr

unlockr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    yes i did am sure am using the correct path, nothing has changed exept this PHP upgrade , i uploded my old backup files also but didnt help

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you verify exactly how the cron job looks as configured in cPanel? You can attach a screenshot if necessary.

Thank you.

5. unlockr

unlockr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    HI problem fixed with this Cammand PHP /home/user/public_html/admic/cron/getf.php >/dev/null 2>&1
    when i copy past from my old c panel backup i just forget PHP at the first of line ! becoz when this "hosting company"(hostunlock) did "the upgrade" they leave my cron setting blanc so i have to added them myself and i dont have a good knowledge of Linux commands ..
    thanks for help this show me the lies of nakshsoft (script provider)and the hosting service, i will buy another script soon and ask for refund

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.