The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSF Daily email setting - possible?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Chris-777, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Chris-777

Chris-777 Member

Hi folks,

I'm a bit green here so forgive me if this is such an obvious newbie question. I just installed CSF according to this readme. The only setting I changed (after verifying that my SSH port was active) is the LF_ALERT_TO setting to point it at my email address, along with changing the testing flag so that it's running.

So far so good (installing remote firewalls always makes me clench the ol' cheeks a little..) but one thing I'm not seeing is how I can configure it to send me a daily update to let me know what's going on. Is that possible? If so, where's the setting?

Thanks much in advance!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can even leave this one blank, it'll use your root email address set in WHM.

CSF is already configured to email you for many things without touching anything.

The section you might be interested in is this one. SECTION:Log Scanner

In Firewall Security level, Click the "High" option and save.

In Check Server Security, follow the details to lock additional items down as well.

You're well on your way now.

Still, understanding and remembering all of these settings is important. Spent lots of time reading thru each one so you understand them and can tighten as needed.

HTH!