jeffschips

Jun 5, 2016
new york
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Can't completely understand the correlation between file: /usr/local/csf/lib/csf.rbls and file: /etc/csf/csf.rblconf

I see that I can active some blocklists in csf.blocklists, including some that are blackholes, so what the story with file: /usr/local/csf/lib/csf.rbls and file: /etc/csf/csf.rblconf and how is csf.rblconf even used - a dearth of instructions on *how* to use it. Or turn it on.
Thanks.

Infopro

cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
Staff member
May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
forums.cpanel.net
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
a dearth of instructions on *how* to use it. Or turn it on.
The docs are your best friend. :)

Search that page for: csf.rblconf
Code:
         Added new csf CLI option: --rbl [email]. This generates the report
     checking IP addresses against a set of RBLs. Optional configuration is
     available through /etc/csf/csf.rblconf

ConfigServer Firewall Readme:

Seach that page for: csf Command Line Options

That's probably not the answer you were looking for, but I'm sure that's why a lot of posts go unanswered over there.

The docs are clear and explain everything you ever want to to know about CSF and how to use it.

HTH!

jeffschips

Jun 5, 2016
new york
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So reading the file csf.rblconf state:

# This file configures optional entries for the IP checking against RBLs within csf
# There are 4 options available to enable/disable RBLs and IPs:
# To disable inbuilt RBLs or to enable other RBLs, e.g.:
# enablerbl:my.dnsrbl.net
# disablerbl:bl.spamcop.net

This doesn't really answer anything. For example, nowhere in any of the documentation for csf do they list the purpose of the file:
/usr/local/csf/lib/csf.rbls

Yet, there it is, floating around in that directly - luckily I found that file not from any information contained in csf documentation but from a poster who also had questions about the use of this file and how it connects or doesn't connect up with csf.rblconf.

Am I to gather that all of the rbls listed in the file /usr/local/csf/lib/csf.rbls are supposed to be entered, one-by-one into the csf.rblcon file to be effective? Because from the little I can extract from the documentation my assumption (and it's only an assumption) is that yes, that's what I'm supposed to do. Yet something tells me no, not really.