The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSF smpt_block + CURRENT_14823 = can't send from Horde ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by velda, Jun 29, 2007.

1. velda

velda Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've got one server with a problem sending mail today. We have CSF (2.77), Horde, and Cpanel 11.6.0-CURRENT_14823 .

On sending mail, we get this:
    There was an error sending your message: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]

I immediately tried setting smtp_block to OFF (0) in CSF, and sure enough, the mail goes through that way. However, I have several other servers that are running different versions of cpanel, same version of CSF, and the smpt_block ON (1) -- and they're able to send mail from horde without a problem.

I can work around the issue for the moment but am wondering if anyone else has this issue today and what the best fix would be. Thanks in advance for any ideas :)

Velda Christensen
    Hands-On Web Hosting

2. Bailey

Bailey Well-Known Member

If you do a search on ConfigServer's forums, you'll find this is a known issue. According to Chirpy, Horde shouldn't be sending mail using smtp, it should only by using sendmail. The solution is to do an under-the-hood modification to Horde (which personally, I wouldn't do, but that's just me).

I think there is a conflict here that ConfigServer and cPanel need to work out. Obviously one camp thinks Horde should be run one way, and the other camp thinks it should be run another way.

And I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong. I don't know the first thing about it, I just recognize there is a conflict in opinion there. I don't like to intentionally walk around on minefields ;) LOL, so I hope that the two parties are able to come to common ground so that user experience remains smooth.

$0.02.

:D Bailey

#2 Bailey, Jun 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Just make sure you're running the latest version of csf which should cater for the change cPanel has made to webmail.

4. velda

velda Well-Known Member

Thanks! Got it.