The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSR State Form Field Not Long Enough in cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NDanecker, Nov 9, 2010.

1. NDanecker

NDanecker Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It appears the state field for the SSL CSR is only two characters, but the certificate has the state field spelled out. When I abbreviate the state as limited in CPANEL and try to upload the CSR to Thawte it fails as the State does not match (NEW JERSEY not equal to NJ).

How can I adjust the field length???

2. NDanecker

NDanecker Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I tried again to upload a CSR to THAWTE with an abbreviated state name and I get the same error message stating the STATE NAME CAN NOT BE ABBREVIATED!

Need help on this quick!!!

Thanks

Attached Files:

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the information. As a workaround to use a longer, non-abbreviated State string, please use WebHost Manager to generate the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for your Certificate Authority (CA, e.g., thawte). For reference, here is the full navigational menu path with linked documentation: WHM: Main >> SSL/TLS >> Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request

The described difficulty from a character limit affecting the State form field during CSR generation in cPanel is assigned internal case number 44502; this case number can be used for referencing in a ticket and for tracking purposes in the cPanel & WHM Change Log to confirm when the issue is corrected. When new information becomes available I will reply back to ensure everyone is equally informed of the latest status; your patience is very much appreciated.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The issue reported in this thread, referenced as internal case 44502, is addressed in cPanel version 11.28.48 that has been published to update tiers EDGE and CURRENT. For reference, the cPanel version available in each update tier can be confirmed via the following resource: Latest cPanel/WHM Builds