The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS Issues when creating new table - phpmyadmin 3.4.7.1

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by mtylerb, Jan 25, 2012.

1. mtylerb

mtylerb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm having issues when creating a new table using phpMyAdmin 3.4.7.1. After typing in the table name and number of columns, the screen pops up, but the left hand side is off the screen. Looking at the CSS in Firebug, it's listed as left: 107px. Is this just affecting me? I've attached screen shots of the issue.

Shows the issue:
    View attachment 8882

On the right, you can see CSS left: 107px:
    View attachment 8872

Cheers,

Tyler

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I can't duplicate this here. You might try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps.

3. mtylerb

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Nope, no luck. I've attached new screencaps demonstrating the continued issue after clearing Firefox's cache.
    Screen cap after create table `gh_test` with 5 ... *brain fart* sorry, forgot the word ... :eek:
    phpmyadmin3.png
    FireBug shows the offending CSS of 107px;
    phpmyadmin4.png

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Forget what firebug tells you on this the window is re sizable. We both have the same version of cPanel and phpMyAdmin, we should have identical installation here. I've tried to duplicate this on Windows and Mac, with Firefox. I've tried with IE8 on Windows. With 5 tables, 20 tables and 1 table. My monitor is very big and I can't duplicate the issue that way. But...

That popup window that comes up, should not be "hiding" under the left side of phpMyAdmin like it is in your picture. There's a reason for that and I'm guessing its browser related.

What screen resolution are you running your monitor at? If I re size my browser to about 800x600 and create a table, I can duplicate that Create Table window being "under" the left side of phpMyAdmin. Resizing my window sorts that though.

Attached Files:

5. mtylerb

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I only have a 10.4" monitor on this laptop, which is where I'm doing most of my work. Screen resolution is 1024x768. I'm betting that this is where the problem lies. Seeing as I can't go any larger for resolution, is it safe to say I'm stuck with this?

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes I believe so. The tables looking funny I mean,. Not the 10.4" monitor. Yuk.

Does it have port to plugin a secondary monitor? If yes I'd go that route so you have some room to work. ;)

GL!

7. mtylerb

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well sure, but I don't usually carry a second monitor around with me in my work bag. I'm a security guard and need to do something to keep me awake. So I bought a little ToughBook to take a beating and allow me to keep developing my websites, etc. Powerful? No, not by any means, but it does what I need where I need it. I use my 23" monitor at home. I think it's at 1600x1200.

For now, I'll just keep FireBug handy and modify the CSS on the fly whenever I need to add/edit tables.