The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious line in exim_mainlog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidR, Sep 19, 2005.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's just because I am coming off the flu but I'm finding the following line in exim_mainlog and can't understand what it is:

Code:
    => /dev/null <user@domain.com> R=central_filter T=**bypassed**
    I'm guessing it is a rule set up somewhere but I can't find any commonality to tell me what it's blocking. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

David

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think (someone might correct me if I'm wrong) this means that domain.com has a filter set up and that particular message matched something in one of those filters and the message was discarded.

Check /etc/vfilters/domain.com and see if the user has any filters set up. If this is the case, then I still don't know how to tell you which specific filter is causing problems.

3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Ah, yes - thanks. Just the nudge I needed. The filter was the "discard if spamassassin header starts with Yes". I forgot to check the user defined filters. Thanks for the help.

David

4. eger

eger Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks. This thread helped me out. I kept seeing the bypassed message also and couldn't figure out why mail wasn't being failed. Turned out there was a filter in place that was overriding the default address.