The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curl problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vikas_adhangale, Jul 20, 2005.

1. vikas_adhangale

Hi,

I keep getting Call to undefined function: curl_init() error, I did reconpiled php with curl support. But still it's not getting included :confused:

Regards
    Vikas
    http://etechsupport.net

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    where do u get this error ?

3. rmiles

rmiles Registered

weird solution to similar problem with curl fsockopen and rpmutils / easyapache

i kept getting the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in ...

then when i run /scripts/easyapache from command line i get an error about Can't locate cPScripts::RpmUtils::checksystemupdates and it never asks me for the 1-8 selection. Also, when i re build from the whm webpage and check the openssl and curl boxes they dont actually get compiled in as i dont ever see --with-curl etc

So had to do the following:

1) copy the latest RpmUtils.pm from /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/scripts/cPScript/RpmUtils.pm
    to /scripts/cPScript (overwriting my existing copy there)(also you may have to run easyapache once through first to make sure buildapache even exists in /home)

2) then i realized that while the checkupdatesystem was in the new .pm it wasnt being exported... so i had to edit it have
    @EXPORT = qw(checkrpm checkupdatesystem rpmpreinstall rpmcmd);

in the export line

3) run easyapache again

this time it asked me the choices, etc and i was able to install Curl and also fsockopen wit ssl started working. Both of these problems were because of this. I think its because while cpanel has it setup to download the latest RpmUtils.pm it was using the old one in /scripts/cPScripts and in addition the new one wasnt exporting the checkupdatesystem subroutine.