The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Currently not permitted to relay" PROBLEM

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sh4ka, Aug 15, 2007.

1. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello...

I had this issue some minutes ago, i was trying to send a large email list using outlook, the email client didn't show any errors and delivered everything ok.. but mails never go out of the box... so I decided to search the logs and found this:

Code:
    2007-08-15 14:07:41 H=xx.xx.xx.xx.dynamicip.rima-tde.net (info@mywebsite.com) [xx.xx.xx.xx] F=<info@mywebsite.com> rejected RCPT <micheltoria@libero.it>: xx.xx.xx.xx.dynamicip.rima-tde.net (info@mywebsite.com) [xx.xx.xx.xx] is currently not permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client.
    2007-08-15 14:07:42 unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command from xx.xx.xx.xx.dynamicip.rima-tde.net (info@mywebsite.com) [xx.xx.xx.xx]

Authentication required was active at the email account configuration, everything was well configured.. it was a server wide error.

Searching over the net i found this solution: ran /scripts/mailperm and after that I added "127.0.0.1" to /etc/relayhosts list, restarted Exim and the problem was resolved, all mails were delivered OK.

My question is, what is the function of /etc/relayhosts, /scripts/mailperm (fixing mailbox permissions?) and /etc/localdomains ? Is it OK to have 127.0.0.1 in /etc/relayhosts list?

Thanks.

#1 sh4ka, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. FeeL

FeeL Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I'd like to Also know about this relayhosts file.

Tnx