The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom 3x Theme Woes

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Xarcell, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'm working on a custom theme and I've run into some issues. I'm working on my own cPanel x3 theme. I've edited the stdheader.html file and have added this:

Code:
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Dosis|Roboto+Condensed|Vollkorn" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.1.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
    These are font families and font awesome. However, it just doesn't take. There are no errors in my Chrome console, but they also don't seem to be called. In others words that code is being ignored, and is not showing up in the source code. Is there no way to get this working?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Have you considered making a custom theme based on Paper Lantern instead of X3? Most of the customization options for the theme are not scheduled until cPanel version 11.46, but you can find more details on it at:

Branding Paper Lantern
    Paper Lantern Branding Options

Thank you.

3. Xarcell

Xarcell Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I didn't even know about the theme until now, so I haven't considered it. I was just making my own theme to match the rest of my site and be responsive. So I would need to be able to edit the footer & header templates as well as add my own over-riding css in order to achieve what I want to achieve.

I looked at the paper demo and it seems pretty solid already being responsive and all, but I think display:inline-block should be used instead of floats so that elements can be more easily centered.

As far as the UI of it, I don't like the fact that there are menu's split into two parent elements. If someone were to add there own header, with default menu of the website, that tallies up to three menu sections which is redundant. However, if a user can just edit the template file like in X3, then a user can just edit to suit.