The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

custom cpanel for users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rasncain, Nov 23, 2002.

1. rasncain

rasncain Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction for being able to customize the cpanel for my customers/users. I have some plans that are very basic, and I want to eliminate some of the items in the cpanel so that my users cant use them for resource reasons.

I don't want my personal web page plan users able to install a shopping cart, or host a message forum and stuff.

Anyone with any info on how I can accomplish what I want I would be grateful. Looking for a solution that can also tie into packages, so if I select &Personal Web Page& as a package, it would also put the correct cpanel for that customer which will be missing all of the things I want to remove.

Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

dane@nsdc.net

2. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

The best way I know how to do that is make a custom skin for each package. You can remove the links to the shopping cart script.
    The easiest way to do this is just clone a skin and edit it... but be careful... if cPanel updates, your skins won't and may cause some problems.