Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

custom cpanel X theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by sehh, Feb 11, 2006.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

I would like to create a custom cpanel X theme. I've downloaded the compressed archive of the theme and i'm about to modify it.

Unfortunately, the theme is not viewable unless i upload it on the live server and test it live. Which ofcourse is not an option.

Is there a way to 'run' the theme on my local test web server? Thus i can test the entire theme before uploading it on the server?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShockHosts

ShockHosts Well-Known Member

You could purchase a VPS plan... Or set up a UNIX Server OS on your pc and test it that way..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Or just rename the new theme and create a test account on your cPanel server and only use that theme with your test account.