The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Email for "unmanaged" domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by OffbeatAdam, May 13, 2007.

1. OffbeatAdam

OffbeatAdam Active Member

Basically, on the server I have multiple Apache installs - the one maintained by cpanel (and thusly, all the accounts maintained by cpanel point to that), and then a custom apache build (2.2.4) that I use for my own domain, for the primary reason that I needed things that cpanel just doesnt give me and I can take the time to administer myself - but not multiple accounts.

With that said, the one thing I am seemingly unable to do is figure out how to create mailboxes for my personal domain.

DNS is easy, web is easy, database... php... etc etc etc, its all easy and taken care of. Cant for the life of me figure out email :O

Any ideas?

2. OffbeatAdam

OffbeatAdam Active Member

So..

After some jimmy-rigging by adding the domain's user to the users list... updating it... changing a port around in httpd.conf... and a few other nifty things (creating the mailbox stores myself), I got it to work - and I can even manage it through cpanel.

However, now I need to figure out - how to remove IP addresses I dont want cpanel to use, listen on, or even touch... from cpanel.